Our Supplier Code of Conduct
Standards of quality and integrity
Allens aims to uphold the highest standards of quality and integrity, and to ensure that our procurement practices are ethical, and environmentally and socially responsible.
We support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and we are committed to providing a fair and safe workplace where our employees are treated with dignity and respect. As a purchaser of products and services, we also aim to reduce adverse impacts and identify opportunities within our supply chain to drive positive social and environmental change.
The Code takes into account and reflects our commitment as a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, to operating responsibly in line with the Compact’s ten principles relating to human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption. We also seek opportunities to support Indigenous-owned businesses and the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in line with commitments made in our Reconciliation Action Plan and through our membership of Supply Nation. Read more on our human rights and responsible business page.
Four key areas of focus
1. Governance and ethical business practices
We expect Suppliers to conduct their business in a lawful, ethical and fair manner. At a minimum, Suppliers must:
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Prevent unethical and illegal business practices
- Avoid conflicts of interest
- Protect privacy and confidentiality
2. Human rights and labour practices
We expect Suppliers to support and uphold human rights and not be complicit in human rights abuses. At a minimum, Suppliers must comply with the following:
- All work must be voluntary
- Child labour must not be used
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining must be respected
- Fair wages must be paid
- Fair working hours must be observed
- Workers must be treated with respect and dignity
- Workers must be treated equally
- Working conditions must be safe and healthy
3. Environmental management
We encourage Suppliers to identify opportunities and innovative solutions to reduce the lifecycle impacts of products and services provided to or on behalf of Allens, including with respect to energy efficiency, recycling, use of recycled content and sustainable packaging.
At a minimum, Suppliers must:
- Comply with environmental laws
- Idenitfy and minimise adverse impacts
- Promote environmental responsibility
4. Supplier diversity and inclusion
Allens promotes supplier diversity and economic inclusion by identifying opportunities to support and work with Suppliers owned by underrepresented groups, including Indigenous-owned businesses and social enterprises. We encourage Suppliers to promote inclusion and diversity within their own supply chains.
To learn more about our Supplier Code of Conduct, download the full document below.