Global predictions 2020
The global fintech team has contributed to a Year in Review and Year to Come. In this report, teams from 16 countries including Australia have summarised legal and commercial developments in the fintech space for 2019 and looked forward in predicting likely themes in 2020.
8 key predictions for the year to come.
- Regulatory response to stablecoins and other new payment models
- Improvements to legacy payment systems – tackling inefficiencies in cross-border payments
- Increasing use of DLT and smart contracts in the capital markets
- Greater scrutiny of Big Tech in finance
- India and China to continue fight for top spot as Asia’s hub for online payment services
- More guidance for firms around the ethical deployment of AI
- Scrutiny of the financial sector’s resilience to cyber risk including
potential fines for previous IT failures
- Increasing industry and policymaker collaboration on tackling cyber crime in financial services
Visit the Linklaters Fintech page to find out more, or contact our specialist team below for more specific questions on the Australian Fintech landscape.