About Emin Altiparmak
Emin is Allens' Funds Sector Leader and a partner in the Corporate/M&A group. He is a strategic M&A adviser to core & core plus infrastructure investors, private equity & other financial sponsors and healthcare clients. Emin specialises in public M&A such as takeover bids and schemes of arrangement, private M&A including competitive sale processes, joint ventures and consortium arrangements. He is highly experienced in foreign investment (FIRB) and warranty & indemnity (W&I) insurance matters.
Emin's recent core and core plus infrastructure M&A experience includes advising:
- Morrison & Co and consortium comprising Future Fund, Commonwealth Super Corporation and Sunsuper on the consortium's proposed acquisition of a 49% interest in Telstra's InfraCo Towers.
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners on its exit from PEXA via an IPO following a competitive dual track process.
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition, alongside Link Group and Commonwealth Bank of Australia, of PEXA following a competitive dual track process.
- Macquarie Capital on its investment into Quadrant Energy, syndication of interests to Wesfarmers and AMB Holdings, and exit to Santos.
- Future Fund on its exit from DP World Australia.
- Global Infrastructure Partners and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board led consortium on their takeover of port and rail services operator, Asciano.
- Rest, Hostplus and other investors on their investment in Campus Living Villages.
Emin's recent private equity M&A experience includes advising:
- BGH Capital on its acquisition of Healius' medical centres and dental clinics businesses, following a competitive sales process.
- KKR on its acquisition of Arnott's and certain other international operations from Campbell Soup Company, following a competitive sale process.
- KKR and its portfolio company Australian Venue Co. on AVC's Queensland hotels joint venture with Coles Group, as well as numerous other bolt-on acquisitions including the Keystone Group, Publican Group and Beer DeLuxe.
- Future Fund on numerous private equity co-investment transactions across various jurisdictions.
Emin's recent healthcare M&A experience includes advising:
- Healthscope on its COVID-19 arrangements with each Australian State and Territory, and the divestments of:
- its Asia pathology business to TPG Capital;
- its medical centres and skin clinics business to Fullerton Health; and
- its Australian pathology business (now called Australian Clinical Labs) to Crescent Capital.
- EBOS Group on its acquisitions of:
- HPS (Hospital Pharmacy Service) from Blue Sky Private Equity; and
- LMT and National Surgical to establish the EBOS Medical Devices division.
Emin has also worked at leading private equity law firm, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, in New York and London where he advised clients including Blackstone Real Estate Partners, KKR, Arle Capital Partners and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners on international transactions.
Emin has also worked at the Australian Takeovers Panel, and co-authored a chapter in The Takeovers Panel and Takeovers Regulation in Australia, a monograph by leading Australian takeovers practitioners.
Emin is a member of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and the Australian Investment Council (AIC).