About Tim Chislett
Tim is a real estate specialist, providing legal and strategic advice for complex property developments, leases, capital transactions and real estate joint ventures.
Tim has a unique perspective of real estate investment, funds management and development, having spent several years as General Counsel and General Manager, Strategy & Legal at a property fund. Through this experience, Tim has developed a deep understanding of how property funds operate, their key commercial drivers and strategies to mitigate legal and commercial risks.
Tim is recognised as an expert in the industry, having been named by Doyle's Guide as a Real Estate Rising Star in 2018.
Tim’s relevant experience includes advising:
- Mirvac – development of 699 Bourke Street, including its leasing pre-commitment to AGL and its sell down of a 50% interest to TIAA-CREF by way of a fund through arrangement.
- Mirvac – development of Riverside Quay, including its leasing pre-commitment with PwC and its sell down of a 50% interest to ISPT by way of a fund through arrangement.
- Mirvac – acquisition of large commercial office properties.
- Mirvac – establishment of its strategic alliance with TIAA-CREF.
- Development Victoria – divestment of large areas of developable land in Melbourne’s growth corridor.
- Woolworths – development of shopping centres, supermarkets, Masters Hardware Stores and mixed use developments throughout Victoria.
- Grocon – acquisition of 85 Spring Street, Melbourne, including providing strategic development advice.
- Australian Unity – sale of several medical centre properties for its Healthcare Property Trust.
- Newmark Capital – acquisition of the Jam Factory in South Yarra and the establishment and financing of the Newmark Jam Factory Property Trust, including complex tax and structuring solutions.
- Newmark Capital – acquisition of the Como Centre in South Yarra and the establishment and financing of the Newmark Como Property Trust.
- Newmark Capital – sale of 417 St Kilda Road to Mapletree Investments and the winding up of the Newmark Capital (St Kilda Rd) Property Trust.