Pulse: Cyber security
21 February 2018
When it comes to cyber security it can be hard to separate the important from the sensational. Through regular bulletins, we do the hard yards so that you can keep your finger on the pulse with the latest cyber security trends, incidents, legal issues and regulatory activity. Plus, we'll make sure that you have a good cyber story to tell at your next dinner party.
In this bulletin, we shine a light on the incoming Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme. We assume that with the scheme taking effect this week, you're now across the basics (if not, you can read about them here and here). So, this issue highlights the things you didn't know that you need to know, how to deal with data breaches involving multiple organisations, the key takeaways from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's just-published Data breach preparation and response guide and our quick reference guides to preparing a data breach response plan, determining when you've suffered an eligible data breach and how to notify when you have.
We'd love to hear from you, so please let us know if you'd like to know more about anything in this edition of Pulse, or if there's a topic that you’d like us to cover in the future.
- Five things you didn’t know about the NDB Scheme
- Double trouble: how to handle a data breach involving more than one organisation
- How to determine whether you have suffered an eligible data breach
- Your guide to notifying an eligible data breach
- Your data breach response plan should…
- Hot off the press: Key takeaways from the OAIC's Data breach preparation and response guide
- Gavin SmithPartner, Sector Leader, Technology, Media & Telecommunications,
Ph: +61 2 9230 4891
- Valeska BlochPartner,
Ph: +61 2 9230 4030
- Michael ParkPartner,
Ph: +61 3 9613 8331
- Michael MorrisPartner,
Ph: +61 7 3334 3279
- Ian McGillPartner,
Ph: +61 2 9230 4893
- Phil O'SullivanManaging Associate,
Ph: +61 7 3334 3295
- David RountreeSenior Associate,
Ph: +61 2 9230 4773
- Emily CraviganSenior Associate,
Ph: +61 7 3334 3409
- Samantha Naylor BrownAssociate,
Ph: +61 2 9230 4458
- Leah WickmanAssociate,
Ph: +61 3 9613 8893
You can leave a comment on this publication below. Please note, we are not able to provide specific legal advice in this forum. If you would like advice relating to this topic, contact one of the authors directly. Please do not include links to websites or your comment may not be published.