On track to reach our gender goals
More than just a goal
Back in 2017, we set ourselves the target of at least 35% female partners by 2022. As of 1 July 2021, we have 34% female partners, including 43% of practice group leaders. Since announcing our target, just under 50% of partner appointments have been female. We're proud to be well on the way to reaching, and likely exceeding, our goal.
Outside of our partnership, we have strong female representation of more than 50% at all legal levels and across our Corporate Services team.
Our career model, policies and initiatives have been developed with an emphasis on the engagement, professional development and promotion of women in the firm.
Our ever-growing networking and mentoring group, Women@Allens, is chaired by senior partners in each office, and focuses on developing and accelerating our female talent.
We show our commitment to building a culture where everyone can reach their full potential through internal policies such as our signature parental leave package. As well, we are signatories to:
- The UN women's empowerment principles (we were one of the first organisations in Australia to become a signatory)
- Law Council of Australia's National Equitable Briefing Policy
- Law Council of Australia's Diversity and Equality Charter
- NSW Law Society's Charter for the Advancement of Women in the Legal Profession
- Law Institute of Victoria's Charter for the Advancement of Women in the Legal Profession
Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
Allens has been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the past 17 years.