Rita specialises in banking and finance. She has extensive experience acting for lenders, borrowers and sponsors in relation to various types of financing, including fund financing, acquisition financing, corporate finance, asset and structured finance, property financing and restructuring.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising Macquarie Airfinance in relation to the U$4billion AWAS Aviation Capital Limited aircraft portfolio acquisition.
- Advising financiers on fund financing transactions for both domestic and global funds, including Pacific Alliance Group, Anchorage Capital Partners, Advent Private Capital, Next Capital and Allegro Funds.
- Acting for Billabong on their recapitalisation with a consortium led by US private investment firms, Oaktree and Centerbridge.
- Advising ANZ in relation to delivering different asset financing products for their clients, such as putting in place a funding structure behind a master lease program for one of its mining services client, equipment sale and leaseback transactions and advising on borrowing base facilities.
- Advising SMBC in relation to a lease securitisation structure with Challenger in respect of the lease of yellow goods to Maules Creek Coal.
- Advising lenders in relation to PEP's bid for the Pacific Hydro assets.
- Advising lenders in relation to GenesisCare's purchase of the British private cancer services network Cancer Partners UK.
- Advising Charter Hall corporate and property financing facilities in relation to various Charter Hall funds.
- Advising lenders in relation to the purchase of the Australia’s Underground Cable Systems by Hawkesbridge Capital.
- Advising the banking syndicate in relation to refinancing Qantas' $1.1 billion unsecured loan note facility.
Her banking clients include the major domestic banks, investment banks, Asian and European banks and direct lending funds. She also regularly acts for corporate clients, including Billabong, Charter Hall and Scenic Tours, where she advises on treasury and general financing matters.