Allens has been ranked Australia's leading project finance legal adviser, topping Infralogic's Project Finance Rankings for H1 2023 for both value and volume of transactions in Australia and New Zealand.
The firm advised on 11 transactions with a total value of US$10.2 billion during the period, advising:
- the syndicate of lenders on Squadron Energy's innovative portfolio debt financing package to acquire CWP Renewables;
- the lenders to the CQC Partners consortium on the financing of the Circular Quay Renewal public-private partnership;
- Acciona Energy on the financing for the 923MW MacIntyre Wind Farm – the first CESCE covered loan facility in Australia;
- GIP on the A$6 billion Perdaman urea plant in Western Australia; and
- the lenders on significant refinancings for the New Royal Adelaide Hospital, Transurban Queensland and WestConnex Stage 3.
'We are proud to have worked alongside our clients on some of the largest and most complex matters in the market in the first half of the year across a variety of sectors,' said Michael Ryan, Head of Project Finance.
'The confluence of rising interest rates, the advancing energy transition, a challenging geopolitical environment and the increased mobility of private capital means greater innovation in financing structures is now the norm.
'It's a great privilege to develop new financing solutions with our clients to fund and safeguard critical projects.'