About Anne Beresford
Anne is an energy and resources specialist with a particular focus on oil and gas, spanning upstream, midstream (especially LNG) and downstream businesses. She has extensive experience advising clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region on M&A transactions, joint venture arrangements, project development and operational issues such as LNG and gas sales and transport agreements. Anne has experience working on both the East and West coasts of Australia and has also spent more than four years working in Singapore, including at Linklaters.
Anne's relevant experience includes advising:
- Santos Limited – on the acquisition of ConcoPhillips' interest in the Darwin LNG Facility and associated offshore petroleum tenements for US$1.265 billion + US$200 million contingent payment, and subsequent sell-down to SK.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – on its acquisition of an interest in the common facilities of Shell's QCLNG project for US$2.5 billion.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – on its US$750 million investment into a joint venture with Total GLNG Australia (TGA), in relation to TGA's interest in the Gladstone LNG Project's downstream infrastructure facilities.
- Oil Search Limited – on its proposed $3 billion takeover of InterOil Corporation.
- A bidder – on the potential acquisition of Shell's minority equity stake, including PSC interests, in the Malaysia Tiga LNG Project.
- An international oil company – on its acquisition from an oil major of a participation interest in respect of certain offshore Blocks in Vietnam.
- PETRONAS – on the proposed divestment of a participating interests in upstream offshore blocks in Malaysia and related LNG sale and purchase agreements.
- A bidder – on the proposed acquisition of a 50% stake in Oiltanking Odfjell Terminal Singapore.
- A developer – on the development of an LNG Import terminal for Hong Kong, including the LNG purchase arrangements.
- Mitsui Oil and PTTEP Vietnam – for the foreign participants on the development of the Block B gas project in Vietnam.
- Santos Limited – on its LNG SPA with Diamond Gas International Pte Ltd which underpinned FID in relation to development of the Barossa field.
- Pertamina – on various long term and spot LNG sale and purchase agreements, including from the Jangkrik and IDD Projects in Indonesia and Cheniere's Corpus Christi project in the US. Anne has also been seconded to Pertamina’s legal team in Jakarta.
- Shandong Hengyuan Oil Refinery Company Limited – in respect of crude oil supply and product offtake arrangements entered to in connection with its US$66.3 million acquisition of Shell’s 51% stake in Shell Refining Company in Malaysia.