About Anne Beresford
Anne is an energy and resources specialist with a strong interest in the energy transition and a particular focus on the oil and gas and new energy sectors. She advises clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region on M&A transactions, joint venture arrangements, project development, LNG and gas sales and transportation agreements and new energy projects. Anne has experience working on both the East and West coasts of Australia and has also spent more than four years working in Singapore, including at Linklaters.
Anne's relevant experience includes advising:
- Rio Tinto – on its acquisition of a 14.15% equity interest in Australia Integrated Carbon Pty Ltd (a leading developer of high quality carbon credits) for AU$22.5M, and associated ACCU Offtake Agreement.
- An applicant – in relation to its application for a Feasibility Licence for development of an offshore wind project in the Gippsland region, including advising on the Australian offshore wind regulatory regime and drafting and negotiating joint venture and electricity offtake arrangements.
- EIG – on its proposed acquisition of 10% of the shares in Australia Pacific LNG Pty for US$1.592 billion.
- Brookfield and EIG – on their proposed acquisition, by Scheme of Arrangement, of Origin Energy Limited.
- Santos Limited – on the acquisition of ConcoPhillips' interest in the Darwin LNG Facility and associated offshore petroleum tenements for US$1.265 billion + US$200 million contingent payment, and subsequent sell-down to SK.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – on its strategic investment in the $5 billion Karratha Ammonia and Urea Plant in the Burrup Peninsula, Western Australia.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – on its acquisition of an interest in the common facilities of Shell's QCLNG project for US$2.5 billion.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – on its US$750 million investment into a joint venture with Total GLNG Australia (TGA), in relation to TGA's interest in the Gladstone LNG Project's downstream infrastructure facilities.
- Oil Search Limited – on its proposed $3 billion takeover of InterOil Corporation.
- A bidder – on the potential acquisition of Shell's minority equity stake, including PSC interests, in the Malaysia Tiga LNG Project.
- A developer – on the development of an LNG Import terminal for Hong Kong, including the LNG purchase arrangements.
- Mitsui Oil and PTTEP Vietnam – for the foreign participants on the development of the Block B gas project in Vietnam.
- Santos Limited – on its LNG SPA with Diamond Gas International Pte Ltd which underpinned FID in relation to development of the Barossa field.
- Pertamina – on various long term and spot LNG sale and purchase agreements, including from the Jangkrik and IDD Projects in Indonesia and Cheniere's Corpus Christi project in the US. Anne has also been seconded to Pertamina’s legal team in Jakarta.