About Nadia Diaz
Nadia has significant experience in both contentious and non-contentious intellectual property and franchising matters.
Her experience spans across a broad range of industries including automotive, banking and finance, retail and fast-moving consumable goods, pharmaceutical, infrastructure, transport and defence.
Nadia's experience in intellectual property matters includes:
- litigation concerning trade mark infringement, copyright infringement, design infringement, infringement and validity of patents and misleading and deceptive conduct;
- advising on the enforceability and protection of intellectual property rights;
- drafting and negotiating agreements relating to licensing and exploitation of intellectual property rights and research and development; and
- conducting due diligence, advising on, and drafting agreements for, complex large scale corporate transactions involving intellectual property.
Nadia's experience in franchising matters includes:
- litigation defending large corporate franchisors against claims brought by franchisees, including multi-party disputes;
- providing regulatory and compliance advice;
- advising on complex franchise network restructuring;
- drafting franchise agreements and disclosure documents; and
- conducting due diligence for, advising on, and drafting agreements for, complex large scale corporate transactions involving franchising issues.
In 2020, Nadia was listed in Doyle's Guide as a Rising Star in Australian Intellectual Property & TMT Law.