About Franki Ganter
Franki is an M&A and corporate advisory expert. She advises private and public sector clients on strategic M&A, privatisations, restructures, capital raisings, capital management and corporate governance issues. She also regularly advises on ASX Listing Rules, the Corporations Act and FIRB compliance.
She sits on two not-for-profit boards (artisan and Queensland Private Enterprises Inc), is a member of the QUT Law Faculty Academic Board, and sits on the Queensland Law Society Corporations Law Committee.
Before joining Allens, Franki was a partner of another top tier law firm.
Her transaction experience includes advising:
- the Northern Territory Government on the $506 million privatisation of the Port of Darwin;
- Queensland Treasury Corporation on the proposed privatisation of the State's transmission and distribution network businesses, Powerlink, Energex and Ergon Energy;
- Queensland Treasury Corporation on the A$2.3billion privatisation of the Port of Brisbane;
- Tarong Energy Corporation on the 2011 restructure and merger of the Queensland State owned electricity generators;
- LinkWater on the 2012 restructure of the Queensland State owned bulk water authorities;
- Parmalat Australia on several acquisitions, including its approximately $116 million acquisition of the WA and NSW based dairy and fresh fruit business of Harvey Fresh;
- Parmalat Australia on a corporate restructure by way of members’ scheme of arrangement;
- Transit Systems on the sale of 100% of its marine business to Sealink;
- Lend Lease Primelife Limited on its acquisition of several Queensland based retirement villages from the Prime Trust Group;
- Staples Agricultural and Global Beef (STAG) Limited on its proposed acquisition of several cattle stations in the Northern Territory and listing on the ASX;
- Texon Petroleum Limited on the demerger and spin-off listing of part of its business and subsequent merger with another ASX listed entity via members' schemes of arrangement;
- CH4 Gas Limited on the takeover of CH4 by Arrow Energy NL;
- the owners of Haematology and Oncology Clinics of Australia (now part of Icon Cancer Care) on the sell down of their interests to APHS and subsequent sale to Quadrant Private Equity;
- UK based funds manager Threadneedle International Limited on its acquisition of management rights in relation to several Cayman Islands based CDOs;
- one of the joint venturers in the Sugarland Shopping Centre Trust on the $60 million sale of its 50% joint venture interest to Stockland;
- Peet Limited on its acquisition of a 50% interest in the Flagstone West project in Queensland from MTAA Superannuation Fund;
- the owners of the Team Moto group, a large Australian motorcycle retailer, on the sell down of their interests to Archer Capital;
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries on a research funding agreement with the University of Queensland to provide funding to the Queensland Alliance for Food and Agriculture; and
- Maritime Safety Queensland on the outsourcing of the supply of marine pilotage services in the Port of Brisbane to Brisbane Marine Pilots in 2010 and the recent renewal of those arrangements.