About Franki Ganter
Franki is an M&A and corporate advisory expert. She advises private and public sector clients on M&A, divestments, privatisations, restructures, capital raisings, joint ventures and other major commercial contracts. She is also a trusted advisor to the board and senior executives of those clients on their governance, risk and compliance issues, including compliance with the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and Australia's foreign investment laws.
She is chairman of Queensland Private Enterprises Inc, a not-for-profit organisation and is a member of the Queensland Law Society Corporations Law Committee.
Before joining Allens, Franki was a partner of another top tier law firm.
Her experience includes advising:
- Nutrien on its takeover of ASX listed RuralCo by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Australian Agricultural Company on strategic acquisitions and divestments and its international branded beef distribution arrangements.
- Infrastructure Capital Group on its investment in partnership with Veolia in the Springvale Water Treatment Plant.
- Parmalat Australia on several strategic acquisitions in the dairy sector, including its acquisition of the WA and NSW based dairy and fresh fruit business of Harvey Fresh.
- Energy Queensland on its proposed minority investment in an early stage smart energy solutions business.
- Energex and Ergon on governance and implementation issues in the merger of these Queensland Government owned electricity businesses to form Energy Queensland.
- Sunwater on the transfer of its channel irrigation schemes to local management arrangements.
- Northern Territory Government on the A$506 million privatisation of the Port of Darwin.
- Queensland Treasury Corporation on the proposed privatisation of the State's transmission and distribution network businesses, Powerlink, Energex and Ergon Energy.
- Queensland Treasury Corporation on the A$2.3 billion privatisation of the Port of Brisbane.
- Tarong Energy Corporation on the 2011 restructure and merger of the Queensland State owned electricity generators.
- LinkWater on the 2012 restructure of the Queensland State owned bulk water authorities.
- Transit Systems on the sale of 100% of its marine business to Sealink.
- Lend Lease Primelife Limited on its acquisition of several Queensland based retirement villages from the Prime Trust Group.
- Staples Agricultural and Global Beef (STAG) Limited on its proposed acquisition of several cattle stations in the Northern Territory and listing on the ASX.
- Texon Petroleum Limited on the demerger and spin-off listing of part of its business and subsequent merger with another ASX listed entity via members' schemes of arrangement.
- CH4 Gas Limited on the takeover of CH4 by Arrow Energy NL.
- the owners of Haematology and Oncology Clinics of Australia (now part of Icon Cancer Care) on the sell down of their interests to APHS and subsequent sale to Quadrant Private Equity.
- UK based funds manager Threadneedle International Limited on its acquisition of management rights in relation to several Cayman Islands based CDOs.
- one of the joint venturers in the Sugarland Shopping Centre Trust on the A$60 million sale of its 50% joint venture interest to Stockland.
- Peet Limited on its acquisition of a 50% interest in the Flagstone West project in Queensland from MTAA Superannuation Fund.
- the owners of the Team Moto group, a large Australian motorcycle retailer, on the sell down of their interests to Archer Capital.
- various ASX listed and public sector clients on compliance with business ethics laws including modern slavery, whistleblowing and anti-bribery and corruption.