About Chris Travers
Chris is an experienced M&A and corporate advisory practitioner.
Chris specialises in complex and large-scale M&A transactions, with extensive experience in competitive auction processes, government transactions, joint ventures and corporate governance. He has advised on a number of recent high profile public and private M&A transactions and has particular expertise in the infrastructure, energy, media and agribusiness sectors.
Chris’ experience includes advising:
- NSW Government – on a series of transactions, including:
- the partial sale of the WestConnex toll road network for $9.3 billion;
- the partial leasehold privatisation of Endeavour Energy's electricity distribution network for $7.6 billion;
- the partial leasehold privatisation of Ausgrid's electricity distribution network for $16.2 billion; and
- the leasehold privatisation of TransGrid's electricity transmission network for $10.2 billion.
- Magellan Financial Group – on its founding 40% investment in Barrenjoey Capital Partners.
- A bidder – on its competitive bid for the Snowtown 2 wind farm in South Australia.
- Alinta Energy – on the competitive sale of 70% of its interest in the Yandin Wind Farm project to RATCH Group.
- Brookfield – on its acquisition of the retirement village operator Aveo Group by way of a $1.3 billion cash and scrip scheme of arrangement.
- AMP Capital – on its successful $700 million competitive bid for the Australian National University's purpose-built student accommodation facilities.
- A bidder – on the Smithfield gas power station in Western Sydney.
- News Corp – on the merger of Foxtel, a 50/50 News-Telstra joint venture, with Fox Sports Australia, and the resulting formation of a new 65/35 News-Telstra joint venture.
- News Corp – on acquisition and sale of a number of newspaper and online media businesses.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board – on its majority investment in Hewitt Cattle Australia, a cattle farming joint venture, and on the ongoing acquisition of agricultural properties and related cattle processing businesses.
- A bidder – on its proposed entry into a joint venture food infrastructure fund, and the acquisition by that fund of a series of Australian flour mill and baking facilities.
- Cerberus Capital Management – on its acquisition and recapitalisation of Axsesstoday Limited by way of a deed of company arrangement, and on its acquisition of the Asia-Pacific arm of Bluestone's mortgage lending and loan servicing business.