About Kate Towey
Kate is a leading M&A lawyer with significant experience advising on large and complex competitive processes and transactions. She has been involved in a wide range of public and private transactions in industries including the REIT sector, infrastructure, government, retail, media and technology.
Kate leads our Head Office and Governance team, and regularly advises on general corporate advisory and listed corporate governance.
Kate's recent experience includes:
- NSW Government – advised NSW Treasury and Transport for New South Wales on the disposal of its 51% interest in the WestConnex Toll.
- BAE Systems – advised BAE on the acquisition of ASC Shipbuilding from the Commonwealth of Australia to support the Commonwealth's $35 billion Hunter class frigate shipbuilding program for the Royal Australian Navy.
- Unibail-Rodamco – advised Unibail-Rodamco on its $32.7 billion acquisition of Westfield Corporation by way of interconditional company and trust schemes, the listing of the new Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield stapled group on the ASX, Euronext Paris and Euronext Amsterdam and associated demerger and listing of One Market Limited on the ASX.
- Brambles – advised Brambles on the sale of its IFCO business for $3.52 billion to a consortium of Triton and the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- NSW Treasury – advised NSW Treasury on the sale and 99-year lease of TransGrid to the NSW Electricity Networks consortium through a competitive auction process, and on the sale of Pillar Administration to Mercer
- BrisConnections – advised the lender-appointed Receivers and Managers of BrisConnections on the sale of the AirportlinkM7 tollroad for $1.87 billion to the Transurban Queensland consortium.
- APA Group – advised APA on its US$5 billion acquisition of the QCLNG Pipeline.
- CrossCity tunnel – advised KordaMentha on the receivership and $475 million sale of the CrossCity tunnel.
- GPT – on the establishment, IPO and ASX listing of the GPT Metro Office Fund and subsequent competing bids for GPT Metro Office Fund.
- Leighton Holdings – on its response to the $1.115 billion proportional takeover bid by HOCHTIEF.
- GPT – on its $2.99 billion takeover bid for Commonwealth Property Office Fund.
- KordaMentha – on the A$618 million sale of the CLEM7 tunnel.
- Billabong – on its response to numerous takeover and recapitalisation proposals from various private equity parties.
- Woolworths – on the establishment, IPO and ASX-listing of SCA Property Group.