About Paul Telford
Paul specialises in infrastructure and major projects with a particular focus on PPP transactions. He has worked on a broad range of infrastructure projects covering sectors including health, entertainment, transport, justice and energy. His experience includes advising a variety of industry participants including project sponsors, procuring entities, subcontractors and financiers.
Paul's experience extends to the European and African infrastructure markets from his time at Linklaters in London.
Paul's relevant experience includes advising:
- Sydney Metro City and Southwest – the Plenary/MTR/MTS/NRT Group consortium on their successful augmentation proposal for the PPP component of the Sydney Metro City and Southwest project, a $3.7 billion contract package which integrates with the existing Sydney Metro Northwest project.
- Plenary Roads – on its proposal on the Suburban Roads Upgrade Projects, twin PPP projects aimed at upgrading arterial roads in Melbourne's north and southeast.
- Melbourne Airport – on its arrangements with Qantas in relation to the end of the Qantas' domestic terminal lease and new tenure arrangements.
- Netflow Consortium – on its delivery of the $1.8 billion Western Roads upgrade, a Victorian PPP delivering improvements to suburban roads in Melbourne's west and maintaining the upgraded network.
- Sydney Metro Northwest – NRT Pty Ltd on the delivery and operation of the $8.3 billion North West Rail Link Project, including project milestones of reaching first passenger service and completion.
- ExxonMobil – on FEED and EPC arrangements for the addition of new LNG trains at its jointly owned downstream facility in Papua New Guinea, including contract structuring advice around early contractor involvement.
- Regional Rail – CAFIP on its successful participation in the Regional Rail project, a rolling stock upgrade project and maintenance PPP.
- Ravenhall Prison Project – the winning consortium on the Ravenhall Prison PPP Project, with a particular focus on the key subcontracts including the D&C subcontract and the facility maintenance subcontract and related interface agreements.
- Fulham Correctional Centre – the prison operation on the successful negotiation of an extension of the operating contract for the Fulham Correctional Centre, including upgrades and enlargement of the facility.
- Victorian New Schools Project – consortium sponsor role, including negotiation of key subcontracts and concession agreement.
- Gold Coast Rapid Transit – a consortium to tender for the construction of a light rail system on the Gold Coast including drafting of documents and preparing advice on construction documentation.