Dawn Raid Response
With increasing levels of scrutiny, regulators are conducting simultaneous raids in a number of countries.
Typically conducted early in the morning (hence 'dawn'), a dawn raid is an unannounced visit from a regulatory agency to enter and search premises, and inspect and seize documents.
Companies need to ensure their on-site employees know the process to follow during an investigation, and that they are able to seek appropriate advice quickly. Those responsible for managing any regulator entry into their premises will need to be fully prepared.
How we can help
Allens' Dawn Raid Response offers guidance on raids by regulators like the ACCC, ATO, ASIC and AFP, through an app that can also be accessed on mobiles.
We offer three solutions, depending on our client's needs:
Our Dawn Raid solution allows you to respond to any raid by a federal regulator via our step‑by‑step guide—providing best practice guidance, contact information and checklists on your mobile to access on the move.
Our solution provides:
- procedures for reception staff and security, response team leaders, IT and digital personnel, and the team shadowing the investigators (shadowers), so every staff member has clear and unambiguous knowledge of the responsibilities related to their role;
- template communications to inform senior personnel, other office locations and the wider team, so key staff are aware of the situation and can act accordingly;
- key internal and external contacts so all relevant people can be informed;
- an easy-to-use digital checklist for shadowers so the raid is well documented; and
- further guidance on legal professional privilege, warrants and regulator raids.