In our latest update, we examine the progress of new and existing rule change requests to the AEMC across the month of November, as well as take a closer look at the latest ring-fencing issues paper published by the AER.
National electricity rules
- Two new requests: participant derogation – financeability of ISP Projects (TransGrid) and participant derogation – financeability of ISP Projects (ElectraNet).
- Two new draft determinations: semi-scheduled generator dispatch obligations and connection to dedicated connection assets.
- Two new final determinations: the simplification of NER definitions and transparency of unserved energy calculation.
National energy retail rules
- One new draft determination: maintaining life support customer registration when switching.
National gas rules
- No new rule change requests, draft determinations or final determinations.
Opportunities for stakeholders
- 17 December 2020:
- Consultation paper – Generator registration thresholds; Improving connection processes for embedded generators.
- 14 January 2021:
- Draft determination – Maintaining life support customer registration when switching; semi-scheduled generator dispatch obligations.
- 28 January 2021:
- Draft determination – Connection to dedicated connection assets.