Risk & Compliance Advisory that equips you with the right foresight, specialist knowledge and processes to manage your exposure to risk while positioning for growth.
Today’s businesses are expected to operate within a legal framework and social licence to pursue growth and manage risk. Regulators and stakeholders are increasingly scrutinising conduct and behaviour – organisations' reputations and business relationships are on the line.
We know what works, we've seen it in action
Assess and control risks with greater certainty by adopting frameworks shaped by what sticks (and what doesn’t!) when under regulatory scrutiny. Our frameworks empower your team to reduce risk frequency, understand risk trends and capitalise on lessons learned across the investigations and disputes landscape globally.
We scale our methodologies to fit your need
Reset your organisation‑wide compliance risk management approach or address only a specific area with greater confidence and certainty. We have the expertise and capacity to augment your current team and thinking to help you manage
compliance risk in this changing landscape using custom frameworks that stick across the entire organisation. In particular, managing and mitigating transnational regulatory action calls for a global track‑record, with Allens and Linklaters applying methodologies shaped through this lens.
View our methodology.
We leverage technology to deliver with efficiency and precision
Achieve your compliance outcomes efficiently using our suite of tools which draw on the expertise of our specialists across a range of areas, including business crime, competition, privacy, corporate governance, employment, technology and investigations. We help you leverage technology and training, backed by deep legal insights and best practice.
Corporate and Tax Whistleblower Reforms
The long-awaited reforms to Australian whistleblowing legislation have passed, seeking to improve compliance with the law and promote a more ethical culture within organisations. With broadened protections and remedies for corporate whistleblowers, and new protections for tax whistleblowers, the revised legislative framework raises the compliance burden for affected organisations, including the requirement of a mandatory whistleblower policy. Our report provides an in-depth analysis of these amendments and discusses how best to ensure compliance.
Risk and compliance frameworks and reviews
Helping you identify, assess, control and respond to emerging risks and compliance challenges.
We are experienced in establishing and developing risk frameworks and related compliance systems, across a wide range of areas – and these have stood the test of investigative authorities and regulators. Our multidisciplinary team includes technology, legal process and project management experts who work alongside our compliance subject matter experts, to deliver:
- Group‑wide compliance risk assessment – understand your inherent risks and see recommendations for addressing higher risk areas across geographies and business lines.
- Compliance control design and implementation – policies, procedures and governance frameworks that meet industry and regulatory expectations.
- Business partner and third party due diligence – understand where current business partners expose you to risk and screen future business partners before establishing ties.
- Compliance program reviews – holistic review including governance structures, frameworks, reporting, team structure.
- Risk register reviews – helping you escalate higher risks appropriately.
- Policy & procedure reviews – helping you ensure policies are appropriate and implemented, for example easy to understand, share and translate and known about by the people who need to use them.
- Country entry risk assessment – best practice methodologies, independent assessments, and internal messaging support to smooth the path to entering new markets.
- Culture risk assessment – understand if the ‘tone from the top’ aligns with how your policies and procedures are used on the ground.
- Whistle blower investigations design – reviewing and drafting policies and procedures, testing the effectiveness of the policies on the ground.
- Investigations – conduct of legal or policy misconduct investigation.
- Crisis response – helping you prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises in particular via systemic reviews, creating and testing crisis readiness plans and crisis response training.
Anti-bribery risk assesment
Confidently demonstrate credibility to stakeholders and regulators with a refreshed Anti‑Bribery and Corruption (ABC) risk assessment process.
Comfort that their compliance function is aligned to industry best practice and guided by independent recommendations.
Investigation & Class action
Faced with a lengthy investigation by one of its key regulators, we helped our client prepare its response for hundreds of thousands of documents.
Positioning for future
Better understanding of risk horizon relevant to their industry and global footprint, across a range of legal and commercial risk areas.