Allens has maintained its position as a top legal adviser to borrowers and lenders in Debtwire's 2023 Australian rankings.
The firm ranked first by value and deal count for both Borrower’s Legal Counsel and Lead Bank’s Legal Counsel.
Last year, the team advised borrowers and lenders on a total of 77 transactions - nearly twice the number of the second-ranked firms in each of the lender and borrower categories.
'2023 was an interesting and complex year for financing, marked by tightening monetary policy and shifts in the funding landscape. We were fortunate to work with clients on a large number of transactions that spanned the full financing market and the Debtwire result is great recognition for the team,' said Banking and Finance practice lead Tim Stewart.
'We look forward to continuing to support our clients in navigating the 2024 financing landscape.'
Allens' Banking and Finance practice acted on some of the largest and most complex transactions in the market during this period, including advising:
- Brookfield and Aveo on the refinancing of the Aveo acquisition facilities;
- BCI Minerals on the development financing of its Mardie Project;
- the Building Communities consortium on sustainably-linked financing for the Ground Lease Model 2 project;
- Brickworks and Sonic Healthcare on the refinancing of their corporate facilities; and
- Orora Limited on the financing of its acquisition of French bottle-maker Saverglass.