Greg Bosmans specialises in corporate and securities law. His practice includes advising a range of significant Australian and international clients on public company takeovers, schemes of arrangement, business and share acquisitions, and equity and hybrid debt capital raisings. As Co-Leader of Allens' Head Office & Governance team, Greg also advises extensively in relation to corporate governance and head office advisory matters, including in relation to directors’ duties, continuous disclosure, annual reporting, governance policies and practices, general meetings, related party dealings, insider trading issues and general company secretarial matters. He also works with a number of clients in documenting and advising on their employee equity incentive arrangements and director and executive appointments, and termination benefits issues.
Greg’s recent transaction experience includes advising on the following significant transactions:
- Agrium Inc – Australian aspects of its US$27 billion merger with Potash Corp of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Agrium Inc – Australian and New Zealand components of its C$1.8 billion deal with Glencore to acquire the worldwide agri-products business of Viterra.
- Alumina Limited – A$452 million strategic placement to CITIC Group.
- Woolworths Limited – demerger and IPO of a major new listed real estate investment trust.
- Tabcorp Holdings Limited – successful bid for the new A$410 million Victorian wagering and betting licence, and extension of its Queensland keno licence.
- Tabcorp Holdings Limited – demerger of its casino business from its wagering, gaming and keno businesses.
- Pacific Andes Resources Development Limited – acquisition of a strategic stake in Tassal Group.
- National Australia Bank Limited – A$14 billion proposal to acquire AXA Asia Pacific Holdings and to divest AXA APH's Asian businesses to AXA SA.
Greg's previous experience has also involved advising on:
- A series of other high-profile public merger transactions, including the merger of Newcrest Mining Limited with Lihir Gold, the trust scheme acquisition proposal by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited for the Adelaide Managed Funds Asset Backed Yield Trust, the scheme and contested takeover proposals by the Pallinghurst Resources LLP-led private equity consortium for Consolidated Minerals, Macquarie Bank Limited's A$8 billion takeover proposal for Alinta, the contested takeover bids for WMC Resources Ltd by BHP Billiton (A$9.2 billion) and Xstrata (A$8.4 billion), Tabcorp Holdings Limited's A$2.5 billion takeover of Tab and its A$1.7 billion merger by scheme with Jupiters, the A$285 million bid by Healthscope Limited for Gribbles, PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk's A$350 million contested takeover of Novus Petroleum and PaperlinX Limited's bid for Spicers Paper.
- A number of other capital markets transactions, including Newcrest Mining Limited's A$2 billion accelerated renounceable entitlement offer, Alumina Limited's US$350 million convertible bond offering, A$910 million accelerated renounceable entitlement offer and dividend reinvestment plan underwriting in 2008 and its up to A$1.02 billion accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer in 2009, Amcor Limited's A$400 million convertible note capital raising, the float of Austereo Group Limited (acting for Merrill Lynch (Australia) Pty Ltd and the other joint lead managers) and various other placements by listed companies.
- A range of significant private treaty sales, acquisitions and joint ventures, including National Australia Bank Limited's A$4.6 billion acquisition of the Lend Lease financial services business (including MLC), and other transactions by Tabcorp Holdings Limited, National Australia Bank Limited, Woolworths Limited, Healthscope Limited, PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk, H J Heinz Company, Sigma Pharmaceuticals Limited and other listed companies, both in Australia and internationally.
- Other demerger proposals, including WMC Limited's A$12 billion demerger by scheme of its operations to form two independent listed companies.
- Numerous corporate governance and head office advisory matters for clients including Australian Unity Limited, Treasury Wine Estates Limited, Alumina Limited, Tabcorp Holdings Limited, AGL Energy Limited, SCA Property Group, QBE Insurance Group Limited, Rio Tinto, Newcrest Mining Limited, Amcor Limited and Echo Entertainment Group Limited.