Ho Chi Minh City
Our lawyers have a depth of experience in Vietnam in the areas of banking and financial services, manufacturing, trade and distribution, resources, infrastructure, and real estate and construction matters.
We are widely regarded as the premier provider of legal translation services in Vietnam. Our database of more than 3,500 law translations is available on our website www.vietnamlaws.com.
Allens also publishes a Legal Guide to Investment in Vietnam (current as at June 2017). This publication provides an overview of Vietnamese laws affecting investment, including coverage of topics such as enterprises, land, securities and contract.
Our experience includes:
- advising Germany's third-largest insurance provider, Talanx Group, on its strategic Vietnamese partnership with Hanoi Stock Exchange-listed insurer PVI Holdings
- advising BTMU on its loans to customers in Vietnam. The work includes advising on a variety of regulatory and security issues
- advising CLSA Limited on the Vietnam collateral and security arrangements under its US$2 billion Asian Securities Program which involved the offering of swaps instruments and Vietnamese equity-linked certificates
- advising Azure City Company Limited on a joint venture between international and local investors in relation to a villa development with in excess of US$16 million
- having advised Keppel Land (Singapore) on a US$30 million 'Saigon Riviera' joint venture residential 'for sale' development in An Phu, Ho Chi Minh City
- advising Vietnam Infrastructure Supero Limited (VinaCapital) in relation to its investment in Vietstar, a solid waste treatment plant project
- having advised AMP Capital Investors Limited on Vietnam legal issues in relation to a US$400 million private placement of shares in a Mauritius fund which will invest in Vietnam real estate projects
- having acted as Vietnam counsel to JSM Indochina Limited on its June 2007 admission to the London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market. Our work included due diligence; drafting Vietnam sections of the Admission Document; and provision of a formal legal opinion
- providing general legal advice to Sharp Corporation in relation to establishing a subsidiary and increasing charter capital. The client has a large presence in the international technology sector
- providing regulatory advice to Area Mobile in relation to Vietnamese telecommunications and aviation laws and how these interact
- having advised GE (US) on the participation in equitization of Vietcombank; and advice on other acquisitions
English, Vietnamese, Russian