Andrew specialises in mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets. He has a detailed understanding of Australian corporate and securities regulation, including in relation to takeovers, fundraising, corporate governance, foreign investment (FIRB) and the ASX Listing Rules.
Andrew's M&A experience includes acting for:
- DUET Group – in relation to a consortium proposal led by Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited to acquire DUET Group by way of scheme of arrangement and trust schemes (2017).
- Australian Logistics Acquisition Investments – on its acquisition of Asciano Limited by way of scheme of arrangement (2016).
- Australian Food & Fibre – on its acquisition of PrimeAg Australia by way of scheme of arrangement (2013).
- News Corporation – separation of its publishing business and its media and entertainment businesses into two distinct publicly traded companies (2013).
- Rio Tinto – joint acquisition with Mitsubishi Development of Coal & Allied Industries by way of scheme of arrangement (2011).
- Hutchison Telecommunications (Australia) – merger of its '3' telecommunications business in Australia with Vodafone Australia (2009).
- Archer Capital – takeover bid for MYOB (2008-09).
- Qantas Airways – proposed merger with British Airways by way of a dual-listed companies structure (2008).
- St.George Bank – merger with Westpac Bank by way of scheme of arrangement (2008).
- CEMEX – takeover bid for Rinker Group (2006-07).
- Qantas Airways – response to the takeover bid from a consortium of investors led by Macquarie Bank and TPG (2006-07).
- Patrick Corporation – response to the takeover bid by Toll Holdings (2005-06).
- Southcorp – response to the takeover bid by Foster's Group (2005).
Andrew's ECM experience includes acting for:
- Leighton Holdings – accelerated pro-rata renounceable entitlement offer, which raised approximately $757 million (2011).
- Standard Chartered Private Equity – purchase of convertible unsecured notes in the ASX-listed Triangle Energy (2011).
- Wesfarmers – accelerated pro-rata renounceable entitlement offer, which raised approximately $2.5 billion (2008).
Andrew was principally responsible for writing and producing the Allens handbook on takeovers in Australia. He is a co-author of Foreign Investment in Australia, a loose-leaf service published by Thomson Reuters.