Michael is the Head of the Allens Project Finance Group.
Michael specialises in project finance transactions and acquisition finance transactions for both borrowers across the power and utilities, infrastructure, resources and oil and gas sectors in Australia and throughout Asia.
Michael’s relevant experience includes advising on the following projects.
- The senior lenders in connection with the A$2 billion acquisition by Transurban Queensland of the AirportLinkM7 toll road in Queensland.
- The senior lenders in connection with the A$7.1 billion acquisition by Transurban, AustralianSuper and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority of Queensland Motorways Group.
- Natixis as the project financier of the Hawaiki Submarine Cable Project between New Zealand, Australia and the United States – the second telecommunications cable project across the Pacific.
- The Sponsors (Idemitsu, Kuwait Petroleum, Mitsui Chemicals and PetroVietnam) in connection with the development and project financing of the US$9billion Nghi Son Refinery and Petrochemical Plant in Vietnam.
- AGL Energy Limited on the project financing and sale of its equity interest in 420MW Macarthur Wind Farm in Victoria.
- The consortium of GEO Group and Capella Capital in connection with the development and financing of the Ravenhall Prison Project PPP in Victoria.
- Rio Tinto in connection with the divestment of various Coal & Allied coal mines – including Bengalla and Mount Pleasant, each in New South Wales.
- Infrastructure Capital Group in connection with the US private placement note issuance by Hallett II Wind Farm in South Australia – the first US private placement issuance by an Australian renewable project.
- The senior lenders in connection with the acquisition by Transurban of the Cross City Tunnel in New South Wales.
- QIC in connection with their acquisition and financing of the Adelaide to Moomba Gas Pipeline project in South Australia.
- The senior lenders to the Macquarie led consortium bidding for the North West Rail Link Project in New South Wales.
- ACCIONA Energy on the development and financing of the 192MW Waubra Wind Farm in Victoria and the 46.5MW Gunning Wind Farm in New South Wales.
- ACCIONA Energy on its bid for a solar project as part of the Commonwealth Government's A$1.5 billion 'Solar Flagships' Program.
- Mitsui & Co, Ltd. in connection with the offtake arrangements and project financing of the Bald Hills Wind Farm in Victoria.
- Hastings Funds Management Limited and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan consortium – financing and acquisition of the A$2.3 billion Sydney Desalination Plant in New South Wales and subsequent refinancings.
- The senior lenders on the corporate financing arrangements for Pacific Hydro and the project financing for the Portland Wind Farm in Victoria.
- Meridian Energy Limited on the development and project financing of the 420MW Macarthur Wind Farm in Victoria.
- The senior lenders on Transurban's acquisition of the Lane Cove Tunnel in New South Wales.
- The senior lenders on the M1 Eastern Distributor, Hills M2 Motorway, M5 Motorway and WestLink M7 Motorway, each in New South Wales.
- The senior lenders to Melbourne Airport and Launceston Airport in connection with various debt facilities.
- The senior lenders to the Loy Yang B Power Station in Victoria.
- The lenders to ANZ Infrastructure Limited's acquisition of the Wattle Point Wind Farm in South Australia.
- CitySpring Infrastructure Trust in connection with the financing and acquisition of the A$1.175 billion Basslink Interconnector between Tasmania and Victoria.
- a consortium led by Macquarie Bank on the financing and acquisition of the A$1.85 billion Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline, Western Australia.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Insight - 25 May 2018
- Media: Allens advises Sydney Desalination Plant to achieve refinancing and greater funding diversificationMedia - 10 April 2018
- Media - 20 December 2017
- Media - 19 December 2017