Sarah specialises in corporate and commercial advice and natural resources law and has worked on some of PNG's most significant mining, infrastructure and resources projects. She has particular experience in power generation, most notably advising on the regulatory requirements for the establishment of a number of small through to large scale hydropower projects.
Her recent experience includes:
- NiuPower – advising on regulatory issues related to the establishment of a new power station.
- Ramu 2 Hydropower Plant – as local counsel to Chinese law firm Fangda Partners (on behalf of project participant Shenzhen Energy), providing regulatory advice for the construction of Ramu 2 Hydropower Project.
- Cartesian Capital Group – as local counsel providing regulatory advice and preparation of a due diligence report in relation to a project by K92 Mining in PNG in respect of a mining lease located in the Eastern Highlands Province.
- PNG Power Ltd – providing regulatory advice as part of the establishment of a World Bank funded PPP for the construction and operation of the proposed 80MW Naoro Brown hydropower station.
- Oil Search (PNG) Limited – advising on regulatory approvals necessary for the establishment of power stations in Morobe Province and Hela Province.
- Schweiter Technologies – advising on the acquisition of all assets of a PNG company involved in the cultivation, harvesting, processing and export of Balsa wood.
- Kumul Mineral Holdings Limited – advice to the Board of Petromin PNG Holdings Limited (as it then was) in relation to amendments to the company constitution.
- International Finance Corporation – PNG law matters relating to the acquisition of shares in Bank of South Pacific Limited.
- Talisman Australasia Pty Ltd – on secondment for over two months, working with the in-house legal team advising on corporate structure and company secretarial matters.
- Regulatory Advisory Work – reviewing the constitutional amendments on the State's ownership of minerals and petroleum and legislation referred to as the 'Kumul legislation' and advising clients on the possible effects of the new laws.
- ExxonMobil PNG Limited – financing and sanction of the PNG LNG Project and providing advice in relation to a range of regulatory issues in relation to the Project.
- Steamships Trading Company Limited – advising on the establishment of a joint venture company for property development referred to as the Harbourside Development.
- Nautilus – advising on its acquisition of 17 parcels of land in East New Britain Province, as part of the Solwara 1 Project for its shore based processing facilities.
- Daewoo International Corporation – advising on regulatory issues related to the establishment of a power generation facility in Lae and assisting with the preparation of related power purchase agreement as well as arranging the set up of a PNG subsidiary of the client.
- PNG Forest Products Limited – advice to PNG Forest Products Limited in the establishment of Joint Ventures to develop several mineral tenements.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Client Update - 26 February 2018
- Client Update - 19 February 2018