Veronica specialises in employment, safety and industrial relations law. She partners closely with our clients' legal, HR and safety teams, on matters of reputational or employer-branding significance for our clients.
She has significant experience advising employers in the private and public sector on sensitive and strategically important workplace issues including workforce restructures, privatisation, and major workplace investigations. Veronica advises on some of the firm's most significant transactions and was the lead employment and industrial relations advisor on the NSW Government's long term leases of its electricity network assets (AU$10.2 billion TransGrid and AU$16.2 billion Ausgrid transactions).
Veronica's experience includes:
- providing strategic advice to clients on senior executive matters (including remuneration and incentive structures, executive service agreements, termination benefits (and related issues under the Corporations Act and ASX listing rules) and post-employment restraints);
- advising on workforce change management, including restructuring of workforces, notification and consultation obligations, redundancies and redeployment;
- acting for employers in unfair dismissal, adverse action, discrimination and breach of contract claims (including claims by or involving senior executives), and prosecutions by SafeWork authorities;
- acting as a sounding board for clients, providing advice over the phone on day-to-day management of employment issues including in relation to recruitment, performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures, bullying, sexual harassment, management of long-term absences, and termination of employment;
- conducting training and risk management workshops for clients in relation to obligations under the Fair Work Act, workplace discrimination, harassment, bullying, diversity, work health and safety (including on directors' and officers' due diligence obligations under WHS law), and social media in the workplace; and
- conducting investigations into misconduct allegations and complaints (including those involving bullying, sexual harassment, victimisation and fraud).
Her clients include Westpac, Vodafone, Mirvac, AstraZeneca, NSW Treasury, Sony Music, The Star Entertainment Group, Sydney Airport, Adshel, HSBC, DCNS Australia, Canterbury-Bankstown Council, Foxtel, Disney, JPMorgan, OUB, Macquarie Telecom.