Wendy is an M&A specialist who focuses on infrastructure and energy transactions. She has extensive experience in advising pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds and other investors on government asset sales, competitive bid processes and public M&A transactions.
Wendy also specialises in foreign investment clearances and is the Deputy Chair of the Foreign Investment Committee of the Business Section of the Law Council of Australia.
Wendy's relevant experience includes:
- Consortium of bidders for Asciano Limited – (Global Infrastructure Partners, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, CIC Capital Corporation, GIC and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation) on the acquisition of Asciano Limited for $9.06 billion by scheme of arrangement.
- CCCC International Holdings Limited – acquisition of one of Australia's leading engineering and contracting services providers, John Holland, from Leighton Holdings.
- State Grid International Development Limited – acquisition of a 19.9 per cent interest in AusNet, and a 60 per cent interest in Jemena, from Singapore Power International. AusNet and Jemena are two of Australia's largest utilities, with total assets of approximately A$10 billion and A$8.9 billion respectively.
- QIC Global Infrastructure, CPPIB and AIMCO – their bid for Port Botany and Port Kembla, which was acquired by the IFM-led consortium for $5.07 billion.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board – $3.47 billion acquisition of Intoll Group by way of inter-conditional Australian trust schemes and a Bermudan scheme of arrangement. $7.5 billion acquisition of Macquarie Communications Infrastructure Group by way of inter-conditional Australian and Bermudan schemes of arrangement and a trust scheme and concurrent agreements with Macquarie Group to acquire the manager of the trust.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan – proposed A$7 billion acquisition of Transurban by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan.
- Macquarie Group – multiple transactions, including a €1 billion competitive auction, and its proposed A$8 billion takeover of Alinta.
- Temasek and CitySpring Infrastructure Trust – A$1.18 billion acquisition of Basslink from National Grid International Ltd., by way of a competitive bid process.
Areas of Expertise
- Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Head Office & Governance
- Private Equity
Recent News & Publications
- Media - 15 January 2019
- Client Update: Changes to open and transparent sale process requirement for foreign persons acquiring agricultural landClient Update - 22 October 2018
- Media - 15 August 2018
- Client Update - 4 June 2018
- Media - 13 April 2018