Andrew has practised for over 30 years in corporate law advising in relation to corporatisation, privatisation, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, directors' duties and governance, regulatory compliance (including listing rules), fund raising, prospectuses and funds management.
Andrew is a member of the firm's M&A and Capital Markets Practice Group. He was appointed as a member of the Takeovers Panel in 2002 for three years and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Major roles have included:
- establishment and subsequent corporatisation of Queensland Investment Corporation (now managing over A$60 billion). Andrew continues to be a corporate adviser to QIC;
- acting for Flight Centre and its independent directors in relation to the A$1.8 billion privatisation proposal by funds associated with Pacific Equity Partners and the subsequent joint venture proposal;
- advising Royal Dutch Shell on its proposed acquisition of interests in the coal seam methane assets of Arrow Energy both in Australia and Asia for up to US$771 million in connection with a broader agreement to assist development of Arrow's coal seam and LNG projects;
- advising Apollo Gas in relation to its acquisition by Dart Energy;
- advising the State of Queensland as a key member of a larger Allens advisory team in relation to the privatisation of QR National by IPO;
- advising Felix Resources in relation to its acquisition by scheme of arrangement by Yanzhou Coal for A$3.5 billion;
- acting for Infratil Australia in respect of its A$340 million acquisition of Southern Hydro as part of the Victorian electricity privatisations;
- advised Peabody Energy on its initial aborted proposal to acquire Macarthur Coal for A$3.5 billion; and
- advising Royal Dutch Shell in relation to its A$3.5 billion acquisition of Arrow Energy Limited by way of scheme of arrangement jointly with PetroChina, and subsequently Arrow Energy on its A$550 million acquisition of Bow Energy.
Andrew has been trained formally in Legal Project Management, most recently attending a full-day LPM workshop delivered by US legal project management expert Susan Raridon Lambreth. Andrew's LPM expertise drives efficient legal and business outcomes for his clients.
Areas of Expertise