Public Private Partnerships
The PPP model has been a popular method of delivering infrastructure in Australia since 2006.
With a long pipeline of social and transport opportunities ahead, it looks like government and the private sector will continue to collaborate to get projects across the line.
How we can help
Ever since the Spencer Street Station Redevelopment introduced the model to Australia, Allens has played a central role in the development of the PPP market through a number of 'first-to-market' and award-winning transactions.
Our practice has been at the forefront of market developments, including:
- the introduction of the model to new jurisdictions;
- the rise of operator-led bids and services outsourcing;
- the use of augmentations and sole-sourced models;
- the development of the secondary market; and
- the introduction of innovative financing structures (including through the debt capital markets).