In our latest update, we examine the progress of new and existing rule change requests to the AEMC across the months of December and January, as well as take a closer look at the ESB's progress on the interim Renewable Energy Zone framework.
National electricity rules
- Three new requests: prioritising arrangements for system security during market suspension; enhancing operational resilience in relation to indistinct events and implementing a general power system risk review.
- One new draft determination: technical standards for distributed energy resources.
- Three new final determinations: minor changes 4 2020; prudent discounts in an adoptive jurisdiction; compensation following directions for services other than energy and market ancillary services.
National energy retail rules
- Two new draft determinations: bill contents and billing requirements; technical standards for distributed energy resources.
National gas rules
- One rule change: minor changes 4 2020 (Gas); DWGM maintenance planning
Opportunities for stakeholders
- 11 February 2021:
- Enhancing operational resilience in relation to indistinct events; integrating energy storage systems into the NEM; operating reserve market and introduction of ramping services.