Allens has been recognised as Australia's leading adviser to the power and utilities sector in the 2023 Beaton Client Choice Awards.
Based on feedback from clients and referrers of work, Allens was named Best Provider to Power and Utilities across all professions. The firm was also a finalist in the best law firm (revenue over $200 million) and best provider to mining, oil and gas categories.
The win reflects Allens' role as a trusted adviser on all aspects of the energy transition in Australia, from the development and financing of new large-scale generation, storage and transmission assets to regulatory reform and innovative energy contracting structures.
Recent high profile work includes advising:
- EnergyCo on the development of the world's most powerful battery, the Waratah Super Battery;
- ARENA on its grant funding of Australia's first large-scale renewable hydrogen plant;
- Acciona on the financing of the MacIntyre Wind Farm, set to become Australia's largest onshore wind farm and one of the largest in the world;
- the financiers of Australia's largest renewable portfolio financing; and
- Equinor on its collaboration with Nexsphere in relation to the Bass Offshore Wind Energy Project.
'We are honoured to have been recognised by our clients as the leading firm in power and utilities,' said Energy Sector Lead Kate Axup.
'We see this as both an acknowledgement of the depth of our national energy practice, as well as recognition of our dedication to providing consistently excellent service to our clients.'
'Australia's energy transition is fundamentally important to our economy and to our future as a nation. Already, we're seeing once-in-a-generation regulatory and policy reform, technological advances, private capital investment and infrastructure overhaul.
'It is enormously gratifying to have been recognised as the leading advisers in this space, and I sincerely thank our clients for their positive feedback and support.'