Today, businesses face a myriad of highly complex new regulations, increasing regulatory scrutiny and community activism.
Penalties for compliance failures and poor conduct are severe, and this is significantly impacting regulated firms' strategy and operations.
Investigations, whether initiated by the organisation or at the request of a regulator, must be handled appropriately and underpinned by firsthand knowledge of what sticks (and what doesn't) under regulatory scrutiny.
How we can help
From advice on potential investigations to litigation resolution, we harness our client, industry and regulator insights to resolve investigations efficiently and effectively.
Our experience spans a range of issues and areas of law, including: fraud, insider trading and market manipulation allegations, continuous disclosure obligations, foreign corruption and bribery, alleged cartel conduct and tax related investigations.
Coordinating responses across jurisdictions
Given the increasing cooperation between regulators around the world, Allens' integrated alliance with Linklaters and its global presence enables us to coordinate responses to regulatory investigations across jurisdictions.
Strong relationships with regulators to resolve investigations effectively
Our team draws upon its strong relationships with relevant regulators and enforcement agencies, including:
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC);
- Australian Stock Exchange (ASX);
- Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA);
- Australian Taxation office (ATO);
- Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC);
- Australian Transactions Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC);
- Australian Federal Police (AFP);
- Customs agencies;
- Commonwealth Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT); and
- State and Territory-based agencies.
Market leading technology and resources combine to achieve the right outcomes quickly
Our team of in-house document production specialists find the information regulators require efficiently and review large volumes of electronic information to meet even the most stringent of deadlines.