Our experienced team of lawyers advise on the full spectrum of employment, industrial relations and work health and safety matters. Some of our recent experience is below:
- Advised The Royal Bank of Scotland Group on claims by former ABN AMRO executives for severance and bonus payments in the NSW Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
- Advising several Boards on the retirement / exit and appointment of senior executives.
- Advised Seven West Media on an investigation conducted on behalf of the Board of Channel Seven into allegations of sexual harassment against the CEO, which received maximum media publicity.
- Acting for Westpac in Federal and Supreme Court proceedings brought by a number of former St.George Bank employees in relation to claims stemming from the merger between Westpac and St.George.
- Assisted Australia Post with an investigation into allegations about the behaviour of union officials, the company's treatment of its staff and related litigation.
- Advised Westpac, Tabcorp, Rio Tinto, CSL, PZ Cussons, Alumina and ERM Power in relation to sensitive executive employment matters.
- Advised a global oil and gas client on a major workplace investigation and subsequent termination disputes.
- Conducted a major review of Australia Post's contractor management systems.
- Conducted workplace investigations for clients such as Rio Tinto, Australia Post, AstraZeneca and Vodafone.
- Advised businesses such as Echo Entertainment and Weight Watchers on the planning and implementation of major restructure and redundancy programs.
- Successfully defended claims by 27 former Westpac executives seeking substantial damages in the Supreme Court.
- Advised Armstrong World Industries on restraints and confidentiality obligations.
- Represented RBS in claims by former executives for substantial damages in the Supreme Court.
- Advised on the employment aspects of the $3.8 billion merger between M2 Group and Vocus Communications.
- Advised a Rail Consortium on the employment aspects of the $12 billion takeover and demerger of Asciano.
- Lead employment and industrial relations advisor to the New South Wales Government on employment and industrial relations issues relating to the long term leases of its electricity network assets (AUD$16.2 billion Ausgrid transaction).
- Acting for Esso in proceedings before the Full Bench of the Fair Work Commission.
- Advised the New South Wales Government on industrial relations matters relating to its lease of electricity network assets.
- Provided enterprise bargaining advice to clients including Australia Post, Vodafone and Coles.
- Advised on the formulation of Westpac's industrial relations strategy.
- Advised Newcrest Mining on outsourcing open pit mining and maintenance at the Telfer mine.
- Advised Melbourne Water on enterprise bargaining, industrial dispute management and industrial instrument compliance.
- Advised BP on industrial relations and employment issues arising from its decision to close its Bulwer Island refinery.
- Acted for Star Entertainment in a right of entry dispute in relation to the Queens Wharf casino site in Brisbane.
- Advised Armstrong World Industries on unprotected industrial action.
Work Health & Safety
- Advised Sydney Airport, Investa, Melbourne Water and other clients in relation to the investigation of safety incidents.
- Represented clients in prosecutions and coronial inquests, including Star Track Express, Brambles, Heinz, Amcor, Shell, Pilkington, Incitec Pivot, Kone Elevators and Orica.
- Undertook safety audits and advising on the adequacy of safety management systems for clients such as AstraZeneca, Dexus, GPT, Amcor, Sony Music, Orica, Rio Tinto and UBS.